Looking for a perfect packable lunch for a hot summer day? These Vegetable Spring Rolls – with a side of Spicy Peanut Dip – have your name written all over them! They’re light, refreshing and perfect for little hands. Think of them as a mini self-contained salad that your kiddo will actually want to eat!!
Roll It Your Way
Recipes are the most fun (and most successful) when everyone can customize them exactly to their liking. This recipe is your starting point, but let everyone in your family choose their own fillings. I mean, how can a kid say no to fillings they picked themselves?
- Want more protein? Try adding grilled chicken, shrimp, or tofu slices.
- Got a little carb lover? Try adding cellophane noodles.
- Want to add some kick? I love adding some thinly sliced radishes to my rolls.
- Craving some creaminess? Shmear some cream cheese on your wrap.
Calling All Budding Chefs!
Summertime is a great time to get your kids involved in the kitchen. It beats letting them spend yet another hour on their devices, right?! This recipe is great one to try because it doesn’t require any stoves and even the smallest of kids can help.
- Preschoolers: let them soak the rice paper, tear up mint leaves, and stir the peanut sauce.
- Early elementary-aged kids: let them assemble their rolls, plus do all of the above.
- Older elementary-aged kids: let them slice the veggies, plus do all of the above.
Like This Recipe?
Looking for more recipes like this? It’s from my new cookbook, Mom’s Sugar Solution: 150 Low-Sugar Recipes for Your Kids’ Favorite Foods, Sweet Treats, and More!
Get yourself a copy (and one for a friend!) at any of the following retailers!